Monday, January 02, 2006

"New Year´s Dinner Recipe & Photo Swap" - Chepa Vepudu (Fish Fry)

Melissa of Cookingdiva ,Cannella,Marcella,Alvira are co-hosting a special theme "New Year´s Dinner Recipe & Photo Swap" and Chepa Vepudu, a simple fish fry recipe is my entry for this event along with Andhra Royallu Iguru.

Fish can be flavored and cooked in many ways and the use of Indian spices makes them even more tasty.Chepa Vepudu is a very simple and easy fish fry recipe and if you are fond of seafood or fish,I am sure you are going to enjoy this fish fry recipe.

Ingredients:
6-7 fish fillets
2-3 tbsps oil
For the marinade:
1/3 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp cumin pwd
2 tbsp chopped onions
3/4 tsp saunf pwd (fennel,aniseed)
1/4 tsp garam masala
salt
Make a paste of all the above ingredients.

Clean fish. Apply the marinade to all the fish fillets and keep aside for 20 minutes.


Heat 3 tbsps oil in a heavy bottomed vessel and add 10-12 curry leaves and fry for 5 seconds.Now add the marinated fish fillets and cook them on slow fire for 7-8 minutes.See that the fish doesnt burn or get stuck to the vessel.


Flip over the fried fish and let them cook and brown on the other side.Cook for 4-5 minutes.


Turn off heat and serve hot as a side dish with steamed white rice and curry or rasam.

Here is the picture of Andhra Royallu Iguru (Prawn Curry) and the recipe is here.


Thank you Melissa,Cannella,Marcella,Alvira for inviting me to join you all for this fun holiday gathering and share my new year´s eve dinner recipe and photos.





7 comments:

Fran said...

The fish sounds delicious--what kind is it? Love the Bunny Cake.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! Your recipe leaves me very hungry. I have to try it!

I love the cake! It's great that your son was able to help!

I love your new look for the new year, too!

Best,
Paz

sailu said...

Fran,its a sea fish among the mackerel variety of fish and commonly known as 'seer fish'.

Paz,I am glad you like the new look.Still working around the font.
My son just loves decorating cakes and he was very particular to do up the cake with me..:)

Ruth Daniels said...

The fish fillets made me drool and I love the bunny cake. It reminds me of when my girls were little and loved to help decorate.

Thank you for sharing and have a great 2006.

sailu said...

Thanks for dropping by,Ruth.Just love my son wanting to help decorate...it sure is messy at times but its fun..:)

Kalyn Denny said...

Hey, you changed your template. I like the colors.

Unknown said...

Sailu garu,
I tried it. It came out really good.
Thank you
Vara.