Sunday, November 27, 2005

Simple Mutton Curry ( Indian Style Lamb Curry )



Posting a very simple mutton curry ...

Marinate 1/2 kg (500 gms) of mutton (lamb) in 1 cup curd,1 tbsp ginger garlic paste,2 tsps coriander pwd,1/4 tsp garam masala pwd,1/4 tsp turmeric pwd,1 tsp red chilli pwd,1/2 tsp jeera pwd(cumin pwd)and salt for half an hour.
Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a cooking dish and add whole garam masala [3 green cardamoms,6 cloves,1" dalchini (cinnamon sticks)] and let them fry for 5 seconds.
Now add 1 cup of sliced onions and 3 slit green chillis and fry till transparent.
Now add the mutton marinade and mix well.Let it cook in its own water on medium heat till oil seperates.
Now add 2 cups of water,cover and cook the mutton till soft on slow fire.
Add a pinch of nutmeg pwd(called jaaji kaaya podi in telugu) before you turn off the heat.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and your mutton curry is ready to serve with hot rice or rotis.

This is a very simple and easy mutton curry that I often make.A typical andhra style mutton curry and tastes good...

5 comments:

rums said...

yum! i love mutton and here is another recipe for me to try! keep going girl :)

sailu said...

try it rums....tastes good..:)

Anonymous said...

Just great recipe.. I am going to try it tonite..

Great pics and great site!! I am glad I found it..

sri said...

Sailu garu,
The curry was heavenly. Usually after coming from work, I go for snacks.. Today, the first thing I did was to turn on rice cooker to finish off the yesterday's!!
Thanks alot!!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures always make me hungry, they're always so appetizing!

I've not eaten mutton in years, don't know how easy it is to get here in Switzerland but I will definately try. I think this curry sounds yummy!