Thursday, February 16, 2006

No Grill Cheese Sandwich

Today is being celebrated as the Cheese Sandwich Day in the food blogosphere.I love cheese sandwiches and so does my 3 year old.Today I made a no-nonsense,stoveless,no-grill cheese sandwich which would qualify as a kid friendly recipe.My son is old enough now where he can assemble things on his own.And he loves it when I ask him to arrange the filling on the bread.It's such fun when you have your child come to help you in the kitchen with his little fingers and then feels so proud of himself for having made a cheese sandwich all by himself..:)
This fix-it-quick sandwich is sure to please anyone who loves cheese sandwiches and is running out of time.All you need is some grated cheese,chopped coriander leaves,chopped onions and green chillis.Mix all the ingredients and layer the bread slices with the cheese mixture.

Read more about why today is being celebrated as the Cheese Sandwich Day here. And the cute icon you see at the beginning of this post is designed by Rand ,brother of Kalyn of Kalyn's Kitchen and Weekend Herb Blogging fame.Thank you,Kalyn for helping me learn so much about different kinds of herbs and foods by fellow bloggers across the world.Its a great theme and just love it.Keep doing what you believe in and we should continue in bringing forth our 'everyday food' to our family,friends and readers across the globe and I am so glad we are all part of a helpful and supportive food blogging community.
P.S Check out this cool T-Shirt at Kitchen Image

,,,

13 comments:

Ilva said...

Sailu, your sandwich inspires me to tread on new cheese sandwich paths! Thank you!

Kalyn Denny said...

Your sandwich looks wonderful, and thanks for sharing how you made it with your son. (We really do care what you are having for lunch. My brother will be tickled that you mentioned him too. He's such a great brother!

mae said...

Sailu,

I love sandwiches on white bread too! And guess what? I prefer them without crust!! I've never had chillies with my sandwich but yours sure is HOT HOT HOT!!! Thanks for sharing and how lovely of your son to join in the fun...

BDSN said...

Hi..Sailu..

Wow such a quick recipe...That's cool...

reshma said...

so now we have a 3 year old cook here:)

Anonymous said...

That's a neat looking sandwich with yummy spread.:) Belated valentine day wishes to you.

sailu said...

Your welcome,Ilva.Your photography inspires me no end..:)

Oh,yes,Tin,its UNCRUSTABLE..:).
And you guys (my little one and you) will surely make a great team in the kitchen.

Thank you,Kalyn.We all care for what each of us had for lunch/dinner/breakkfast,dont we?-:)

Mae,its actually not HOT as I have used chillis with hardly any spice..its just for flavour.An Indianised version you can say..:)

Quick recipe indeed,bdsn.

My toddler is sure showing signs of a future chef in the making.He loves being around in the kitchen playing with kitchen gadgets,ladles and spoons and of course messing around 'toddler style' and that's the fun of his growing up years..:)

Thank you,Lera.

Anonymous said...

Sailu,

I go through your blog almost everyday ...but somehow forget to leave a comment! But I have to say ...anything you make looks delicious! I will soon try something let you know how it turns out!! Great work!

Anonymous said...

Yum - I love cheese sandwiches, too!

Elizabeth said...

I have had cheese and pickle sandwiches, cheese and onion sandwiches but never thought of having cheese, onion, coriander leaf and green chili sandwiches. Great idea!

What kind of cheese do you use?

-Elizabeth

sailu said...

Thanks for your kind words,Anjali.

Elizabeth,thanks for dropping by.I use a brand called "Elite" which is probably a blend of mozzarella and cheddar cheese.That's what is available here in India.

Ruth Daniels said...

What a wonderful cheese sandwich. Thanks for sharing. This one will really impress my friends and family.

Fran said...

This is beautiful.